Table of Contents
- 1 ZMCT103C
- 1.1 Where to Buy?
- 1.2 Applications of ZMCT103C Current Transformer
- 1.3 Features of ZMCT103 Micro Precision Current Transformers
- 1.4 Know More About pcb mount current transformer
- 1.5 ZMCT103C Datasheet
- 1.6 ZMCT103C Arduino Wiring Diagram
- 1.7 ZMCT103C Arduino Code
- 1.8 Micro Current Transformer Module using ZMCT103C
- 1.9 Current Transformer PCB Mount Module
- 1.10 Application Projects Using ZMCT103C
- 1.11 Further Reading
Where to Buy?
This CT is available in many Chinese online websites as well as Amazon. Its price varies, but you can get it for approximately $0.6 in most stores.
Check Price on Aliexpress | Amazon.com | Amazon.in
My personal favrate for this product is Aliexress (get 3$ coupen for new user) Slow Shipping but Low Price + Wolrdwide Delivery.
ZMCT103C AC current Sensor is the best for the purpose of the DIY project and industrial application, where we need to measure the accurate AC current with current transformer. This is an perfect choice to measure the AC current using Arduino/ESP8266/Raspberry Pi like an opensource platform. In many electrical projects, engineer directly deals with measurements with few basic requirements like
- High galvanic isolation
- High accuracy
- Good Consistency
This is a high precision micro current Transformer. This module makes it easy to monitor AC mains current upto 5 Amps . ZMCT103 is a pcb mount current transformer with 1000:1 turns ratio and Dimensions: 28 x 12 x 15 mm(LxWxH).
Applications of ZMCT103C Current Transformer
- Metering (electrical energy meters)
- AC Voltage measurements
- Sensing Overload Current
- Ground fault detection
- Household electrical equipment
- Industrial apparatuses
- Electrical testing equipment and relay protection
- Analog to digital circuits
Features of ZMCT103 Micro Precision Current Transformers
- low price
- small size ( 18.3mm x17 mm) and lightweight
- Easy PCB mounting
- Good consistency
- widely acclaimed
|Rated input current||0-10A（50Ω）|
|Rated output current||5mA at input 5A|
|phase angle error||≤15＇(input 5A，sampling resistor 50Ω）|
|Isolation withstand voltage||4500V|
|Measurement accuracy Class||0.2|
|Installation||PCB mounting（Pin Length>3mm）|
ZMCT103 is a high precision Current Transformer. This module makes it easy to monitor AC mains current upto 5A. A tiny little thing the size of a bouillon cube. Holds up to 4.5kV per breakdown voltage, the ratio of turns is 1000: 1, but this is a current transformer of 5A: 5mA.
Download the datasheet of ZMCT103C it provide details specification, dimensions, mounting etc.
To connect a ZMCT103C sensor to an Arduino board, the output signal from the ZMCT sensor needs to be convert into measurable range of Arduino analog inputs, that is +ve voltage between 0V and the ADC reference voltage (5V is no ADC Reff is supplied). The sampling of current sensor signals is done by Arduino code given below.
To do this job the following circuit is used,
The output of this CT is a current signal, which needs to be converted to a voltage signal using a burden resistor. See the circuit explanation and calculation of Burdon resistor are given hear SCT-013
The module is designed using the ZMCT series of small size high-precision micro CT and high-precision operational amplifier circuits for more accurate sampling and proper signal compensation. It is best solution for the signal acquisition of AC current within 5A range.
The corresponding output voltage analog AC signal can be adjusted using the potentiometer. You can adjust the amplification ratio and the amplification range ( 0-100 times), but the max voltage at the output will not more than half of VCC applied voltage. The same Arduino code is useful to measure current using this module.
Over-current Protection Sensor module using ZMCT103C
- Working voltage: DC 5V / 12V/24V
- Working current: <20mA
- Temperature range: -40 ° C ~ + 85 ° C
- Humidity: 0~95% RH
- Size: 4.4×3.8cm / 1.73×1.5″
- Frequency range: 20Hz~400Hz
- Output mode: switching signal output
You could Select this overcurrent protection Module as you wanted, three different options are available.
- 1 * 5A 5V Overcurrent Protecting Detection Sensor Module
- 1 * 5A 12V Overcurrent Protecting Detection Sensor Module
- 1 * 5A 24V Overcurrent Protecting Detection Sensor Module